Celebrate 25 years of the Polar Express by visiting http://www.polarexpress.com/. The website has games, recipes, worksheets, and more fun things to do!Here's a recipe you can try at home so you have something unique to share with your family and friends this Christmas:
Polar Chocolate Nougat Caramel Squares
1 cup flour
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)
5 candy bars—chocolate with nougat and caramel (hint: the initials are MW)
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbls. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 can (3 1/2 oz.) blanched sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Combine 1 cup flour with the brown sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
Mix in the butter until crumbly dough forms. Press dough into greased pan.
3. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
4. Melt candy bars with milk in small saucepan
over medium-low heat.
5. Cool the mixture slightly, then slowly add the
eggs. (Beat constantly to keep from curdling.)
6. Add the vanilla, 2 tablespoons of flour, and
the baking powder to the candy mixture, then
pour every thing over the crust (which has been
cooling on the rack). Sprinkle almonds on top.
7. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the top
is firm. Let cool.