Thursday, December 15, 2011

Perks of Being a Wallflower

In life there are certain books you read that make you feel completely different after reading them.  Normally, the difference is not specific.  It is not a good difference or a bad difference.  It is just a difference that only you can feel.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephan Chbosky is one of those books.  The book is comprised of letters written by the main character, Charlie, to an unknown recipient.  Charlie writes the letters about what is going on in his life and for the 213 pages of the book you are transported into the thoughts and life of Charlie.  The book is humorous at some points, while dark at others, but you truly feel every emotion Charlie feels.  It is not a typical young adult novel, but it is a novel worth reading once in your life.  In 2012, The Perks of Being a Wallflower will be released as a movie starring Emma Watson, Paul Rudd, Logan Lerman as well as many other well-known celebrities.  Hopefully, if you plan to see the movie, you will read the book first.  It is a book that will surprise you and change you, and a book that you will remember for the rest of your life.  - Jacqui

1 comment:

Ελλάδα said...

This book has changed my life, of course I said that after I read 'The Catcher in the rye' as well. This book can relate to me on so many levels, with the dugs, sex, and 'Charlie's' homosexual friends. This book tells the story of what its like growing up in todays world, and what its like to be a teenager, with a few twists because Charlie has a few odd querks. I won't let any of my friends borrow this book because I feel that I have a connection with it, but I will reccomned this book to any other teenager out there.