Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can't read this in the bathtub....

For Christmas this year I received a Kindle which I've grown extremely fond of and has basically become another appendage. Each morning I read the Chicago Tribune, once a week I devour the New Yorker, and of course, I download my books for my YA book club, school, work, and pleasure. Although the Kindle is still pretty pricey (259.00), it has great features that one doesn't normally get with a book (a built-in dictionary, a wikipedia shortcut, etc), and the trees saved due to my "going digital" makes the environmentalist inside of me very happy.
If you get the chance, try one out (I'll let you peruse mine anytime) and see what you think. Barnes and Noble also came out with it's own version called the "Nook" which has already sold of of their stores and is on back order. With the Nook, readers can "share" books with their friends and receive free wi-fi inside Barnes and Noble retail stores. The bookstore lets people check it out for free, so be sure to stop by and see what all the fuss is about!

No comments: