Thursday, December 9, 2010

The ELLEments of Style.....


As you know, I'm a stinker for anything to do with fashion. I've had this book on hold for months (and had it in my shopping cart on Amazon), because if nothing else, I wanted to see what the pictures looked like. I actually find most fashion/photography books to be displeasing once I open them; often the pictures are too few and far between, or a bit grainy, or the fashions depicted are too outrageous to even consider for a life lived in the "real world."
This book is unique in that it combines many glossy fashion pics with a bit of biography on the 25 personal icons depicted in it--including: Lea Michele, Padma Lakshmi, Olivia Wilde, Dita Von Teese, and Alicia Keys (to name a few). It's hip, it's fun, and I know that any young woman between the ages of 12-18 (and so on), would get a kick out of it. Perfect couch reading. Take a peek.

Your librarian and style guru,
Emily

No comments: